Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Team Finals

Wed 13th August. Team finals!

Due to prime time USA television, team finals was a morning competition! This was a challenge for me because I had mentally convinced myself that I was not a morning person! But in this case, I had no choice but to build a bridge and get over it asap! We had qualified 5th which meant we would start comp from beam. That meant bars was last! But hey, I'm skilled in construction so I built another bridge and ran over it!

The circumstances ended up working out for me because the nerves I gathered watching all my team mates compete before me, gave me enough adrenalin to overcome the whole 'not a morning person' circumstance!

Our first apparatus was beam and at the same time, China was on vault. I was so nervous watching my team mates up on beam because when ever a Chinese girl landed a vault, the crowd would ROAR!!! But thanks to good preparation, my team mates all hit their routines!

We had a mistake on floor but the girls did awsome vaults. Then it was bars...
I was so high on adrenalin and snickers bars so I was really excited and ready to go! As per normal, I only remember my mount and dismount. I knew the rest was good because I would have remembered a fall! I felt so proud and relieved when I landed my dismount. I was proud that I had done my best for my country, and I was so relieved that I had come through for all those who had faith in me.

Competing at the Olympic Games was an incredible experience and one I will carry with me for as long as I live :)

No comments: